Sunday, October 18, 2015

Photo Of The Week

Blogger Girl xo





AMERICAN GIRL SPIRIT



         
Photo Of The Week

Hello Everyone,

Today I am posting the picture of the week, which just happens to be of my NEW doggie Rocky and I. I found Rocky at the Humane Society, which is a shelter for homeless animals. Rocky is a Terrier and, he was found wandering along a country road. A woman brought him to the shelter so he would have a safe place to sleep and eat. The veterinarian at the clinic looked Rocky over to make sure he was all right after being left at the side of the road. Thankfully Rocky was in good health, just a little on the skinny side. My parents had to fill out some papers and then we took him home. We made sure to make a donation to help keep the shelter running for other animals that might be in the same situation as Rocky. I donated my allowance for the week, and it felt great :)

Alarming Fact: 
There are about 70 million stray animals just in the United States.

I'm so excited to have another doggie. I already have two other dogs at home. One is a small Chihuahua named Honey and the other is a Poodle named Henry. It is going to be a lot of responsibility taking care of three dogs. My whole family loves pets so I'm sure everyone will chip in and help.


When we arrived home, I introduced Rocky to all the family including Henry and Honey. Everything seems to be going great so far. I think I will have to go shopping for a new doggie bed, food, toys and food bowls. It will be so much fun to go with Olivia, a friend from school. Olivia wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up and also volunteers at the Humane Society. Her volunteer job consists of grooming the dogs and cats. Olivia is great with animals and will have lots of helpful tips for taking care of Rocky. I will keep you up to date on the happenings with my NEW doggie. 

A special congratulation goes out to the winner of Maryellen's Ice Skating Outfit and Maryellen's Ice Skating Accessories. 
The winner is Hanna Quantz!
Please Contact americangirlspirit@gmail.com to claim your prize.
Thank you to all the American Girl Spirit Fans for entering the contest! 

Blogger Girl xo